As XXX session has been postponed, I'd like to take the chance to call a long overdue head meeting 3:15 – 4:20
· I want to streamline the planning and make it more effective so that it is fit for purpose – we will come up with the common template that can be used effectively by all
· Homework position needs to be made clear and homework will now be placed in planning a week ahead of issuing with a clear focus on its purpose
· Assessment in the same way will be planned in advance and be transparent in planning but more varied approached need to be included, not just written tests- we can discuss and agree other appropriate means of assessment and how it should be recorded (departments already doing this can lead with ideas please)
· Support for our teachers is clearly needed in many key respects – lets identify those areas and consider how it can be delivered and who will deliver it given that we have a new timetable with some departmental time (fingers crossed)
· New timetable- good news and bad news! We can have a quick look on Monday but basically I want you go away and have time to look through and check for mistakes and other issues I may have missed – its still malleable enough to fix errors but I want teachers to have it well before the end of term so they can prepare accordingly - your help at this stage is appreciated.
Venue – For a change of scenery let's meet in XXX room (if that's okay with you XXX ) taking note of the fine display boards in that area. I will see if I can arrange coffee (and I may even supply the biscuits).
All the best
Another format is here:
For your final checking BEFORE given to all teachers or students
heads please ensure all staff are all present and correct and watch out for any rooming errors too. Other issues you can make me aware of but these are not likely to get changed now.
TTT– your task is to open your HR class and check all subjects are correct, the allocated teacher is correct, and any clashes you see.
In the end the timetable has been dominated by cross division teaching, therefore the department time I promised is not in there unless by chance. TOK for Grade 11 is now in normal lesson time, PE is consolidated as one grade together twice per week, Form times in year groups are at same time, labs are allocated with priority to IB then IG.
This timetable will also make cover more evenly and fairly distributed I hope.
If you have time to check this today or tomorrow I will send out to all staff tomorrow afternoon. If there are problems to fix I'll see if I can do it on the weekend and send back on Monday.
UNTIL IT HAS BEEN AGREED BY ALL, THIS IS NOT TO BE TAKEN AS ANYTHING OTHER THAN A DRAFT, SO DON'T SHARE, ESP. WITH others.
Cool! This is good and I will encourage you to produce this in the article section of this site.