Resources » Education in Mumbai » Admissions and Entrance Exams
2011 FYJC online admission registration process for Mumbai Colleges
How to register for 2011 FYJC online admission process in a Mumbai college? Where to get 2011 FYJC online admission form? Where to get the Login ID and Password for 2011 FYJC online admssion process? This article answers these questions and gives complete information on the step-by-step procedure to fill in the 2011 FYJC online admission form, the number of seats available for 2011 FYJC admissions to Mumbai colleges, etc.
The Government of Maharashtra introduced the scheme of online admission to FYJC classes in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) in 2009 to provide an opportunity to students to apply for multiple colleges through a single application.
It is compulsory for students who have passed the SSC exam (or equivalent examination) from any recognized board to apply for online admission process to get admissions to FYJC classes in any of the junior colleges in MMR. The online admissions website will likely be open for students to practice filling the forms online from May 16th 2011.
This online process is applicable for Admissions to Arts, Science, and Commerce junior colleges (General and Bifocal). However, admissions will not be done online for:
1. Admissions to HSC vocational (MCVC), Home Science, Management quota, Minority quota, & In-house quota shall be done by the Principals of the respective Junior Colleges.
2. Admissions to Technical Junior Colleges shall be done by the Principals of the respective Technical Junior Colleges.
3. Admissions to Night Junior Colleges shall be done by the Principals of the respective Night Junior Colleges.
This year, the online admissions system introduced for junior colleges in Maharashtra will be applicable for only 45% of the seats. The rest come under religious, community, linguistic and management quotas and will be filled as per the previous system of standing in a queue to get a form at the desired college.
This is the breakup for the seats, which totally are 2,65, 052. Online seats are 1,54, 479 and offline seats are 1,10, 573.
* General category: 54, 068
* SC/ST category category: 30, 895
* OBC/ SBC category: 32, 441
* Arts category: 3, 090
* Sports category: 4, 634
* Handicapped category: 4, 634
* Offline in-house category: 32, 346
* Nomadic Tribes category: 16, 993
* Minority (offline) category: 64, 835
* Management (offline) category: 13, 392
* Services / Freedom fighters category: 7, 724
2011 FYJC online admissions processing fees: There is a processing fee of Rs.150/- which has to be paid by the student at his school/guidance center. In case the student fails at the std. X examination of March 2011, he/she can get a refund of Rs. 125/ - after deducting Rs.25/- towards the cost of this booklet from the Head of the school.
How to apply for 2011 FYJC online admissions to junior colleges in Mumbai
1. You have to first buy the 2011 FYJC online admissions information booklet from school / guidance center. This booklet contains a Login ID and Password. Read the booklet before you fill in the online application form. It is a good idea to ask for guidance from your school teachers / Principal to understand the online admission procedure. You should also check out the visual tour of the online procedure at the official website @: 2011 FYJC online admissions official website
2. Ensure that you have all the requisite documents before you begin filling in the online application form. Check out the documents needed @: 2011 FYJC online admissions official website
Note: Applicants other than open category or open category applicants claiming any reservation, get the form and documents approved from school or guidance center
3. Read all the instructions and guidelines before you fill in the online application form @: 2011 FYJC online admissions official website
4. Log in using the 'Login ID' and 'password' given in your information booklet for your first login.
5. You should immediately change your password and keep this password in mind for future logins. Also, put in the security questions & keep the answers in your mind.
6. Take a printout of all credentials for later reference.
7. You should now follow the instructions given and follow the step-by-step procedure to fill in the online application form.
8. Confirm and re-check all details in the online application form.
9. Next will follow the online form for selecting options. Here, you need to put in your stream wise options for colleges in the 'Option Form'.
Important Note: Please check out the website to know the minimum number of options/preferences you need to select before you begin this stage of the process.
10. Carefully check all the options and confirm.
11. The admission process:
- The first merit list will be published as soon as the results are declared.
- If this merit list shows an allocation of a college for you, you can secure your admission in allocated college.
- You will continue to remain in the online admission process to give you a chance for betterment in the next rounds.
- If you have not been allocated a college in the first merit list, you have to wait for next merit list.
- A second merit list will be published with allocation of college.
* If you are allocated a college but you do not secure admission in that college, you will be out of the online admissions process.
* If you are allocated a better college in the betterment round, then you must cancel admission from the previous college and take admission in the new college.
All the Best!
Read related articles: Mumbai Admission 2011 2011 Admissions
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...
MumbaiSpider.com is not just about sharing knowledge and making money. This is a great social networking site with opportunities to make new friends!