Padma Award 2011
On 26th January, 2011 the Padma Awards has been declared by the Govt. of India. This time there are 81 Padma Shri Awards, 43 Padma Bhushan Award and 6 Padma Bibhushan Awards have been announced.
Bollywood in 2011 Padma Award
Just like every year, this year too Bollywood has few surprise awardees in the list.
This time 3 of the prominent Bollywood icons have been selected for the honorable Padma Shri award.
These legends are;
1. Kajol – She is the eldest daughter, yesterday's super star Tanuja. She started her career in early 1990 and shoot to fame with the movie "Bazigar".
2. Tabu – Younger sister of actress Farha. She has been awarded with several National awards. Her performance in movies like Maachis, Ashtitva, Chandni Bar, Hu Tu Tu, always made people constantly comparing her with the legendary actress, Smita Patil.
3. Irfan Khan – The actor, who started her career with TV with serials like Chankya and Chandrakanta is now one of the most demanding actor of Bollywood. He has also several Hollywood movies to his kitty, such as "Slum Dog Millionaire", "Namesake" and now the forthcoming "Spider Man".
In the category of Padma Bhushan also Bollywood has two recipients.
1. Sashi Kapoor – The legendary actor from the first family of Bollywood. He was the most handsome actor of his time. He too has worked on several Hollywood projects.
2. Wahida Rahman – The most beautiful actress of Bollywood. She started her career with Gurudatt's classic master piece "Pyasa". Later with movies like Guide, she proved herself as the most deserving actress of Bollywood. She is one of those finest gems who worked with more than 3 generation of stars. She has worked with Gurudatt, Dileep Kumar, Amitabh Bacchan and Abhishek Bacchan.